Asset Merge Feature
Merge two assets into one
This feature has been designed to merge duplicate assets. This could happen when an asset is created directly on the app and the system does not recognize the already existing asset on the system, as the spelling or construction of this does not match. It could also occur when your assets are loaded manually on the desktop. Now you can merge the two assets, including the inspections, tickets, and contacts. Then all information pertaining to this asset will be stored in one place.
To get a step by step explanation, take a look at the below.
- Search the asset you would like to apply the merge function on (in the example it will be the top and bottom asset)
- Click on Options > Merge assets
- Select Merge, on the left, next to the asset you want to merge into the destination asset (the destination asset would be the 'main' asset or the PayProp, Rentconnect, Rams asset)
- If you have an active feed the below icons will show next to each asset. The duplicate asset, the one you want to merge, will not have this icon linked to it, but the destination asset will. As per the example below.
- Choose the asset that you would like to merge into the other asset.
- All data (inspections, tickets & contacts) will be moved from the asset you selected first into the destination asset you selected on the drop-down list.
- Click in the tick box to archive the duplicate asset after the merge has been completed. This is advised. Archived assets can be viewed under Options.
- Click Merge
- The below message will appear at the bottom right of the screen.
- After the merge has been completed, click Options to Hide the merge option