Contact explained - How it relates to properties, inspections & tickets
In RedRabbit a Contact can is used to store basic contact information such as names, email addresses and mobile numbers. Contacts can be of type Landlord, Tenant, Service Provider (Contractor) or Other.
Landlord and Tenant Contacts will typically be linked to Properties. When you create an Inspection of Ticket for a Property, the linked Landlord and Tenant contacts will be available for selection to send Email and SMS Messages. In addition, when you create a Ticket, the Contacts of type Service Provider will be available for selection when you want to create a job card for a specific Service Provider (Contractor).
How to create a Contact
- Select Portfolio data from the main menu and on the drop down select Contacts.
- Click the New Contact button on the Contact List to open the Contact form as shown below.
- On the Contact Form complete the Basic Contact Information as shown below.
- If the Contact represents a juristic entity such a company or trust, tick the Represent Juristic Entity tick box which will open the extended form to capture the Juristic Entity information.
- Complete the extended Juristic Entity section of the form.
- Click the Create button.
Contact Form - Basic Contact Information Section example
Contact Form - Extended Juristic Entity Section example
How to Link a Contact to the Property
- Select Portfolio data from the main menu and on the drop down select Properties.
- Choose the Property that the Contact should be linked to and select View to open the property dashboard.
- From the Tenants or Landlord field click the Add Contact icon - as shown below.
- Click on the search field and select the Contact.
- Click Link.
How to create a Contact directly from the Property Contacts field
- From the Tenants or Landlord field select the Add Contact icon - as shown below.
- Click here to create a new contact
- Fill out the name and contact details on the Contact form
- Click create
How to add a Contact to an Inspection or Ticket
- Please note all the contact fields listed under each property will be available on the contacts panel of the inspections and maintenance tickets.
- From the Contacts tab, it can be added as a contact to the inspection or ticket, as shown below.