RedRabbit allows you to customise your Inspection Checklists, Inspection Report Branding, and Inspection Terms and Conditions. To access the Inspection Settings feature:
- Select Inspections from the main menu to display the Inspection List
- From the Options drop-down menu option, select Settings to open the Inspection Settings Dashboard as shown below. Note - this menu option is protected and will only be available if the Inspection Setting permission flag has been enabled on your profile.
Inspection Settings Dashboard
On the Inspection Dashboard you can:
- Checklists tab - View / Change Areas and Checklists associated with an Area
- Templates tab - View / Change Inspection Templates and Areas associated with a Template
- Other Settings - View / Change Report Settings and Inspection Types
- New Checklist - Add a Checklist by defining an Area and its associated checklist items
- New Item - Add a Checklist item to a selected Checklist Area
- Update - Change the name of a selected Area
- Delete - Delete the entire selected Checklist and all its checklist items
A Checklist consists of the set of checks that need to be done for an area as part of an inspection.
- Area Panel - the panel of the left displays all the current defined areas.
- Checklist Item Panel - the panel on the right displays all the defined checklist items for a selected Area. The order of the items in the right panel can be moved around by hovering your mouse over it, click and hold, then drag to where you want it.
How to create a New Checklist.
- Click on the New Checklist button.
- Enter a name for the new Checklist.
- Choose to copy the items from an existing checklist or skip the step to add items manually.
How to add a Checklist Item to an Area.
- Select the checklist on the left panel. The associated checklist items are displayed in the panel on the right.
- Click on the New Item on the right panel
- Enter a name for the New Item and click Create
Templates in RedRabbit consist of a selection of Checklists for a specific type of property such as a two bedroom flat or a three bedroom townhouse for instance.
- Template panel - the panel on the left displays the defined templates
- Area / Checklist panel - the panel on the right displays the areas for the selected template
- New Template - click to create a new template
- New Area - click to add an area to a template
- Update - click to change the name of a selected template
- Delete - click to delete a Template and the links to its associated areas
How to create my own New Template.
- Click on the New Template button.
- Enter a name for the New Template and click on Create.
- Click on the Add Area button.
- Enter an Area name and select the desired Checklist.
- Keep adding areas until you are done.
How to add an area to an existing Template.
- Select a Template on the left panel.
- Click on the Add Area button.
- Enter the new Area name.
- Select Checklist to be used.
How to create a new inspection using Templates.
- Select Inspections from the main menu.
- Click on New Inspection.
- Fill in the details of the inspection, then click next.
- Select the Use Templates option and select the appropriate template to use for this properties inspection.
The Reporting settings allow you to customise some elements of the Inspection Reports as described below.
- The two red lines at the top in the overview panel refer to the colour scheme of your Inspection Report.
- Report Branding background colour - this is the background colour of the headings in the reports.
- Report Branding text colour - this is the Text colour of the headings in the reports.
- Terms and Conditions
- Signature declaration - the content of this signature declaration will be stamped alongside every electronic signature made on the inspection.
- Disclaimers & Terms - the content of this disclaimer & terms will be added to every inspection report under a separate heading.
- Inspection Types - these are different inspection types that will be displayed as options when a new inspection is scheduled.