FAQ - How do I Copy an Inspection on an Android device
Inspection Data can be copied from one inspection to another allowing you to re-use an inspection including its comments and photos. This is a powerful feature that is especially useful when you are conducting back to back inspections and you might want to re-use exit inspection content for an entry inspection.
Some conditions and notes:
- It has to be for the same property
- The copied inspection must have a date and time that is before the date and time of the inspection it is being copied to.
- The inspection can be copied from the scheduled Or completed tab
- Each copied photo will display a little white icon on the copied photo to indicate that it was copied from a previous inspection.
- Comments and photos can be changed in the new inspection to match the current condition of the property. For instance, if a broken window has been fixed, change the condition from Broken to Undamaged and take a new photo as proof.
Follow these steps:
- On the Home screen locate the inspection you want to copy. Note that the Inspection can be in the list of scheduled or completed inspections.
- Long tap on the inspection to copy. Select Copy Checklist from the options list displayed.
- Navigate to the inspection you want to copy to and open the inspection.
- Select Checklist at the bottom to open the Checklist. A banner will be displayed at the bottom indicating that another Inspection has been copied to the clipboard.
- Click on the Paste option that appears at the bottom of the screen. A list of copy options will be displayed on a pop-up menu.
- Use the toggle switches to select the copy options you prefer
- Replace the existing checklist - this option will replace the existing checklist items on the new inspection. Note - if you select ‘Replace Existing Content’ then ALL current items & photos will be permanently deleted so double-check to ensure that you are on the right inspection before pasting.
- Include photos in the copy - this option will copy the photos from the previous inspection as well
- Click Paste to complete the copy process